- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet” – Rachel Wolchin
My favorite quotes about travel #1: Isn’t this quote so simple but so true? We are designed the way we are so that we can move freely and explore our beautiful planet. Don’t let your mind be the chains holding you down.
- “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
- “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
- “Somewhere on your journey, don’t forget to turn around and enjoy the view.”
This quote doesn’t just apply to traveling, but to our daily life as well. Sometimes we get so caught up in our hectic daily routines that we start living our lives without actually “being” here. We grind so hard to achieve our goals that we forget to stop once in a while and appreciate the present moment. And appreciate the fact that we are living on this beautiful planet earth.
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Oh, the places you’ll go.”
My favorite quotes about travel #2: Simple, yet one of my favorites! Just imagine telling your younger or current self, “Oh, the places you’ll go, the amazing things you’ll do, and the wonderful people you’ll meet!”. Life is so unpredictable yet beautiful at the same time. You’ll never guess which part of the world you’ll end up next year or who you’ll meet tomorrow. Let go and enjoy this adventurous ride called life.
- “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
- “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” – Ray Bradbury
- “If not now, when?”
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” —Mark Twain
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”-Confucius
My favorite quotes about travel #3: Whatever you do, do with all your heart. Everything is better when you put your heart into it. We so often do things with our minds but not with our bodies and hearts. And this often leads us to the habit of stress and overthinking instead of being and feeling. This is especially true when traveling. Instead of stressing about where to go next and how to get there, bring your focus to your body and heart, and just simply be. You’ll feel more at peace and in tune with your presence.
- “Relationship status: In a relationship with my passport.”
- “Fear does not stop death, it stops life.”
- “Travel like Gandhi, with simple clothes, open eyes, and an uncluttered mind.” —Rick Steves
- “Of all the books in all the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport”
- “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” —Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The goal is to die with memories not dreams.”
My favorite quotes about travel #4: A lot of us fear that we won’t accomplish our goals and live our dreams before we die. Well, instead of fear, why don’t we start taking actions towards making our dream a reality? I would rather die trying than not even try at all.
- “Life cannot be understood flat on a page. It has to be lived; a person has to get out of his head, has to fall in love, has to memorize poems, has to jump off bridges into rivers, has to stand in an empty desert and whisper sonnets under his breath. We get one story, you and I, and one story alone…It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn’t it?” —Donald Miller
- “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” —Lao Tzu
- “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
- “Everyone smiles in the same language.”
Kindness and happiness are universal. Don’t let language barriers stop you from traveling and experiencing the beauty of human beings and unique cultures all around the world. Sometimes a simple smile and eye contact can say much more than a thousand words.
- “The journey itself, is my home.”
We should learn to embrace the journey instead of trying to reach our destination, for that the journey is all there ever is and all there ever will be.
- “I don’t know the question, but travel is definitely the answer”
- “There’s no way I was born to just pay bills and die.”
- “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” —Caskie Stinnett
- “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” —Cesare Pavese
- “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya
My favorite quotes about travel #5: Isn’t this true? For some people, they might have to stay in the same place due to family obligations or certain restrictions that are difficult to overcome. However, for many others, there is truly nothing that is holding them back from exploring the world except for their limited mindset and fear.
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
- “I’d rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff.”
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
- “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
- “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” – Alan Keightley
- “Travelling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.’” – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
- “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.”
Imagine when you die, you are shown by the universe a video of an extraordinary life you could have lived if you had only gone after your dreams. How upset would you feel knowing that you didn’t give your best and dare to live the life you’ve always wanted. Life is way too short to not give it your all, so just do it.
- “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends… The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”― Andre Gide
- “If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space.”
- “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
The best way to experience a country and its rich cultures is to immerse yourself fully in their way of life. Look at the country not through the eyes of a tourist, but through the eyes of the locals, and that is how you can fall deeply in love with it.
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
- “To travel is to live.”- Hans Christian Andersen
- “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” – Mohammed
- “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
- You need not even listen, just wait…the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself. – Franz Kafka
- “This is your planet. You really should come see it sometime.” – G Adventures
My favorite quotes about travel #6: Most of us, if lucky enough, will get to live more than 60 years on this planet. With all this time in our hands, shouldn’t we explore a little, get to know our home a little, and if one day we visit other planets in our galaxy, we’ll have great recommendations to give our alien friends for when they come to visit planet earth.
- “There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask ‘What if I fall?’ Oh but my darling, what if you fly?”– Erin Hanson
- “Travel far enough. You meet yourself.”
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “ Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments and places that take our breath away”
My favorite quotes about travel #7: Ugh, so true. The moments of my life that I still remember vividly are the moments that I felt so deeply and truly experienced with my heart. Those moments took my breath away and made my heart race, and if I could, I would live them over a million times. I wish that you cherish all these beautiful times in your life, and strive to create more of them.
- “It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones
- “I’m not lost, I’ve just temporarily lost sight of my destination.”
- “ I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train. – Oscar Wilde”
My favorite quotes about travel #8: This is by far my favorite quote yet. Live a life so crazy, absurd, extraordinary, sensational, hysterical, romantic, unconfined, passionate, audacious, and dramatic that when you read your own diary, you flip through the pages anticipating what is going to happen next as if you hadn’t already lived through it once. THAT! Is a life well-lived.
- “We came, we Saw, we Lived.”
- “ Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.” – Paul Theroux
- “I have worn the dust of many foreign streets, but to brush it off would surely be a crime. I have the memories of many foreign adventures, but to forget them, would surely be a sin. So, breathe in the dust, and keep the memories in.”– Rowland Waring-Flood
- “So much of who we are is where we have been.” – William Langewiesche
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
Beautiful unpolluted beaches and breath-taking waterfalls often require venturing through whiny roads, steep steps, and muddy tracks, however, the stunning view always make the path leading up to it worthwhile in the end. The same can be said about life. If you expect to achieve great things, don’t expect to seek shortcuts for that there is no shortcut to success.
- “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” – Dagobert D. Runes
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
- “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton
- “A man of ordinary talent will always be ordinary, whether he travels or not; but a man of superior talent will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place.”
- “For the born traveler, traveling is a besetting vice. Like other vices, it is imperious, demanding its victim’s time, money, energy, and the sacrifice of comfort.”-Aldous Leonard Huxley
- “Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.”-Kurt Vonnegut
- “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.”-John Steinbeck
Don’t you feel that the more you try to control the nitty-gritty details of your trip, such as, the exact time you have to arrive at a certain destination and the number of places you need to see in a certain day, the more frustrated you become with yourself and the person you’re traveling with? Sometimes, we just can’t control the traffic of a city we’re visiting, but what we have control over is the way we react to the situation.
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”-Henry Thoreau