‘Sooo…. Tell me about yourself”! For some of us, this question is literally the most cringe question anyone can ask. Why? I don’t know. Maybe it’s because we aren’t comfortable sharing who we are, or maybe it’s because we don’t really even know ourselves that well. I remember being asked this question by a random guy a few months ago, and all I could respond was, “UMMM. I’m a nice person I guess” Hahaha now thinking back, I just wished I could’ve elaborated a bit more. Like, nice where? Nice how? So in hopes of never going through that kind of awkward interaction ever again, I’ve decided to compile a list of “100 get to know yourself questions” to help us do some self-introspection. After answering all 100 of these questions, I’m sure we’ll never run out of things to say about ourselves.
And I think what’s even more important is that these get to know yourself questions can truly help us understand who we are as a person. Our personality, our beliefs, our interests, our values, and our purpose in life. Of course, we might not have the exact answer to every one of these questions right away. But just by simply proposing these questions to ourselves, we can take the time to really contemplate and reflect on who we are.
And finally, here are the 100 get to know yourself questions! Enjoy.
The Ultimate List Of “Get To Know Yourself” Questions
- Do I know what I truly want in life, or am I being influenced by others?
- What kind of person do I aspire to be?
- If happiness is currency, what kind of work would I be doing to become a billionaire?
- What am I most grateful for in life?
- Do I believe that I have full control over my life decisions?
- What does family mean to me?
- What is my love language?
- If failure doesn’t exist, would I be pursuing the same career field I’m pursuing today?
- What are my short-term and long-term goals?
- What aspect or characteristic of myself and I most proud of?
- Are there people in my life that are causing me to feel negative and inadequate? If so, what can I do to change it?
- Who is my greatest role model in life?
- Am I doing my best to live a life I truly want every day?
- If I had all the time in the world, what would my daily routine look like?
- What is my greatest fear? And what can I actively do to overcome it?
- Do I have any regrets in life?
- What does my ideal life look like?
- Do I truly love myself? Or am I my biggest critic?
- If I only had three months left to live, how would I change the way I’m living my life now, and the way I treat others?
- What makes me genuinely happy?
- Am I aware of my own thoughts?
- Do I easily let my emotions run wild and control my life?
- Do I believe that I have a purpose in life? And if so, what is it?
- What are the qualities and characteristics that make me unique?
- Am I proud of all that I’ve accomplished so far?
- What has been the biggest challenge in my life? And has it made me stronger or weaker?
- Am I self-conscious?
- Do I care about others’ opinions about myself?
- If I can have any superpower in the world, what would it be?
- How has my childhood and upbringing influenced the way I am today?
- Am I introverted, extroverted, or a mixture of both?
- Why am I attracted to the people that I’m attracted to?
- What is my personality type?
- What’s my definition of a successful life?
- What is most important to me, success, power, health, or love?
- Am I good at taking constructive criticism?
- Do I work well under pressure?
- Is there anything that I would like to change about myself?
- What is my working style?
- Do I trust my gut and intuition?
What Is My Personality Type?
I had to make a separate section from these get to know yourself questions to talk about personality types! I don’t know if you have heard of the super popular 16 personality test that everyone’s talking about. Before doing this personality test, I definitely had my doubts. But after reading my results, I was completely flabbergasted by how accurate they were able to describe me. I felt like all my behaviors and the way I interact with the world finally made sense. By categorizing personality types based on five aspects: Mind, energy, nature, tactics, and identity. The 16 personality test tells you whether you’re introverted or extroverted, observant or intuitive, thinking or feeling, judging or prospective, and assertive or turbulent. So if you’re struggling with identifying your personality, definitely give this 16 personality test a try.
But also, keep in mind that your personality can definitely change with time. So don’t put yourself in one box! Just use this personality test as a tool to help understand your current self a little bit more.
- Do I believe that human beings are innately good or evil?
- Am I risk-averse or risk-taking?
- What lessons do I want to learn in this lifetime?
- Do I have any limiting beliefs that are holding me back from being the best version of myself?
- How do I want others to see me?
- What has been my greatest accomplishment in life?
- What advice do I have for my younger self?
- Can I see myself achieving all my dreams? If not, why?
- What questions do I have for my future self?
- What is my happiest memory?
- In my opinion, what is the most urgent problem in the world right now?
- Do I forgive others easily? Or do I hold on to grudges?
- Do I feel stressed out by minor inconvenience?
- Am I an old soul?
- Am I a “live to work” or “work to live” type of person?
- Do I know how to live in the present moment?
- Do I consider myself good at networking and connecting with others?
- Who am I closest to, and why?
- If I could change my relationship with a certain family member, would I?
- Am I religious or spiritual? And I believe in a higher power?
- Do I believe that “hard work equals success”? If not, then what contributes to success?
- If I had a million dollars, what would I do with the money?
- What do I admire most about this world?
- What is my biggest irrational fear that is causing me unnecessary suffering?
- How would I interact with someone who doesn’t share the same values and beliefs as me?
- Am I good at handling rejections?
- Do I constantly think about what I could’ve done to change an event that has already happened?
- What is on my bucket list?
- Do I believe in fate or free will?
- If I could become famous tomorrow, would I want to?
- Would I consider myself a selfish person?
- If I could have dinner with any successful person in the world, who would it be?
- What are some things in my life that I wish would never change?
- What would I rate myself overall on a scale of 1 to 10? And why?
- What skills would I like to master?
- What takes up most of my time? And do I like doing it?
- What are some beliefs that I’ve had to unlearn? And how has unlearning them improved my life?
- What is my guilty pleasure?
- What is my favorite movie, and why?
- If I had the chance, would I go back in time and change any parts of my life?
- What hobby would I like to learn if money wasn’t an issue?
- Do I enjoy my own company?
- What do I have doubts about? And why?
- When was the last time I truly felt “alive”?
- What makes a good and fulfilling life?
- How do I want others to describe me and talk about me when I’m not in the room?
- What was the best compliment I’ve ever received?
- What are some things that I often take for granted?
- Do I ever underestimate myself? If yes, why do I do it?
- Which event had the greatest impact on my life?
- Is there an experience I’d never want to experience again?
- What chapters would I separate my autobiography into?
- Where is my favorite place on earth, and why?
- What is the title of the current chapter in my life?
- Have I learned any valuable lessons during my time on earth?
- What are some challenges I thought I’d never overcome but I overcame anyway?
- If I can ask the universe one question, what would it be?
- Do I lie to myself sometimes? If so, what lies do I tell myself?
- Am I getting in the way of my own success?
- What do I want to be remembered for?
Who Am I?
“Who am I really? And what am I doing here?” For almost all of us, this is the question that often keeps us up at night. And unfortunately, no one truly has the answer. And so if I could ask the universe one question, it would definitely be “Who are we, and why are we here”
However, since there is no absolute answer to this question, we can only do our best to honor our presence on earth. In my humble opinion, I think we are all eternal spiritual beings who are experiencing a temporary human life on this planet. And while we’re here, through connecting with other human beings, interacting with other physical manifestations of different life forms, and experiencing the complexity of human emotions, we learn more and more about who we truly are.
This learning experience on earth may be different for all, and everyone may have a distinct interpretation of who they are and what their life purpose is. But that’s what makes this human experience so unique and special. We are whoever we think we are. And no one has the right to judge us. Because at the end of the day, no one has the absolute answer. Ummmm, ok. Why am I getting so deep here? Guys and gals, let’s just enjoy life and have fun! Period.
Last But Not Least
I hope this list of “100 Get To Know Yourself Questions” has been helpful to you. I know it can be quite difficult and overwhelming at first to answer all these questions about yourself. When I went through this list, I had to really pause and think hard about some of my answers. But I think that by truly taking the time to understand yourself, the rewards you gain can be quite beneficial. Also, since our personality can change from time to time, you might even want to write down your answers in a journal. And maybe one year from now, you can look back at your answers and be amazed at how much or how little you’ve changed.
Lastly, I hope these get to know yourself questions weren’t too much for you to digest, lol. If it is, then maybe just try answering 10 questions a day! Oh yea, and for more self-care tips and inspiration, make sure to check out: